Be uplifted in
Many towns in the world are no doubt envious of Savannah's downtown, what with all the cobblestones, countless lovely squares (a.k.a. the "crown jewels" of the city), Victorian-era homes, hip art scene, cutting-edge restaurants, fabulous shopping and so much more. Here amid it all, Kimpton Brice Hotel awaits you, excited for you to make us your choice among hotels in downtown Savannah, GA.
Things to Do:
- Forsyth Park – This is where you can find that fountain that shows up on every Savannah Google search. It is located downtown and is a mile in circumference.
- Live Oak Filled Squares – Savannah is known for the Oglethorpe Plan, named after James Oglethorpe our founder who laid out the city in wards surrounding large park square. There are 22 of these squares with the closest to the hotel being Washington Square.
- Old Savannah Tours – Our recommended trolley tour operator – Provides both Hop on, Hop off service as well as overview tours, and night time ghost tours.
- Hearse Tours – Great ghost tours where you ride in the back of a Hearse! We recommend asking for Spooky Steve!
- Savannah Dan Walking Tours – We recommend Dan if you want to see the city on foot.
- Savannah Slow Ride – See the city on a large multi person bike – Multiple tour options available including ghost tours, historic tours, and pub crawls.
- Tybee Island Beach and Lighthouse – providing gorgeous views all year long
- Bonaventure Cemetery – Creepily said, one of the most beautiful parts of Savannah that is just outside of downtown. We recommend Dash tours if you plan to visit.
Make sure to see: Sorrell-Weed House, Mercer-Williams House, Davenport House, Green-Meldrim House, Judith Gordon Lowe House, Hamilton-Turner House, Kehoe House, and Owens-Thomas House
- City Market where you can find live music nightly
- River Street – Right on the water so you can watch the large container ships enter and leave the Savannah River
- Factors Walk – Great Seafood and antiques here
- Broughton Street – This is Savannah’s main street with lots of shopping, both national and local brands, as well as great restaurants.
- Jepson Center
- The Savannah Visitors Center – A museum and welcome center that is also home of the Forest Gump Bench
Fun Savannah Fact: GRAB A TO-GO CUP! – Savannah has an open container law that allows people to carry alcoholic beverages outside in public. The rules: Only one cup, must be disposable, 16oz or less, must remain inside the “Historic District”. Don’t worry about that though, Savannah has the largest Historic District in the county so you’ll have to walk far to get out of it!